Fire Burnin’ On The Airplane
Don’t explode. That is what many Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners are telling their phones. A Southwest Airlines flight departing from Louisville, Kentucky Wednesday morning had an emergency evacuation on the runway after a Samsung phone caught fire. Passenger Brian Green powered off his Note 7 and stored it in his pocket when it began smoking. He immediately dropped it on the floor. As soon as the crew and captain were notified, the captain calmly asked the passengers to evacuate onto the runway. After a two-hour delay, the flight was officially cancelled and passengers were able to go on board and retrieve their belongings. Since the incident, Green reportedly has replaced his phone with an iPhone 7.
For more information on the this flight, click here.